To demonstrate and coach a range of individual and team concepts to young players, enabling them to reach their full potential.
To embrace a holistic approach to the Development of all Academy players.
To report to Head of relevant Development Phase and Head of Coaching.
Liaise with Head of Coaching and Lead Development Phase coaches to promote best players to next age groups and on retention/de-registration issues.
Roles and Responsibilities.
- Plan, prepare and manage age specific coaching sessions for all Academy players working in line with the Coaching syllabus.
- Attend all Youth coaching sessions and games as required.
- Complete all weekly record forms as requested by the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching, including session plans for every session, to be promptly completed and returned to the Foundation Coach by the Tuesday of every week, to ensure the players performance clocks are regularly updated.
- To integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players.
- Monitor player development and report on individual progress through the performance clock.
- Undertake enhancement of specific personal Qualifications and CPD training as provided by the Club and regulatory bodies.
- Communicate match and training arrangements to all players.
- Report to the appropriate age group changing room at least 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the coaching session or 1 hour before the game. Be punctual at all times.
- Ensure pay claim forms are handed in on agreed dates, fully completed and signed.
- Ensure all equipment and kit is cleared away and accounted for after each game and training session.
- Be available to parents to discuss their child’s progress, and encourage them to approach the full time staff for feedback.
- At the end of each training session ensure all players have been collected by parent/guardian. Do not leave the premises until all players have departed.
- To set high standards at all times, demonstrating professionalism following the Coach code of Conduct, providing a good role model for young players.
- To undertake all reasonable requests of the Academy from any Full time member of Staff.
- UEFA B Licence. FA Youth Coaches Advanced Award (age specific). Emergency Aid, Safeguarding and DBS.
- Staff must we aware of all Safeguarding and Equity and Diversity issues, along with all Academy and Club policies, rules and regulations.
£30 per session
£40 per game
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence.