Colchester United Community Foundation are looking to recruit a talented Women’s Team - Head Coach to work with our newly formed Colchester United Community Foundation Women’s Team for the upcoming 2023/24 season.
The formation of our Women’s Team for the new season will complete the women and girl’s pathway within Colchester United Community Foundation. If you are a Football Coach with experience and/or passion for the female game alongside working in senior women’s football, then this is an opportunity for you!
Colchester United Community Foundation is a registered charity that provides high quality community programmes to 9,000 children, young people and adults each week.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, ambitious football coach to join our progressive Community Coaching Team and become a leading figure within our women’s pathway.
Roles and responsibilities include working closely with the Women’s & Girl’s Development Officer and Head of Delivery, planning, and delivering training sessions, managing staff and players, recruitment and matchdays.
To be eligible for shortlisting a candidate must hold a minimum FA Level 2 Coaching Qualification, up to date FA Safeguarding and Emergency Aid Certificates. All eligible candidates must have an Enhanced DBS or be willing to complete prior to taking post.
- Colchester United Community Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate, and carry out the company’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation regarding fire.
Ability to work with Female Players
- Inspires & motivates
- Role Model to female players
- Understanding of the female football pathway & senior women’s football
Quality of Delivery
Type of Person
- Passionate about the Women’s Game
- Positive Role Model
Salary & Hours
- £2,000 for season (paid on timesheet each month based on training and games)
- Approx X150 hours over the whole the season August – May
- Training Wednesday (6.30-8pm) @ Shrub End Community & Centre, CO2 9BG
- Fixtures Sunday’s 2pm KO (May change)
- CUCF Macron training kit
- Opportunities to work match days for Colchester United Football Club
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA Professional Football Association and other key partners.
- A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants.
- Free car parking onsite
- Discounts on courses and at the football club
Closing date: Friday 30th June 2023 (Please note this may close earlier if a suitable candidate is found)
Interview date: As soon as possible
Proposed start date: July 2023
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.