Colchester United’s Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community and work within our Sports Participation Strand.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
To ensure delivery and development of Youth Phase for Development Centre & Grassroots Development Programmes.
To be eligible for shortlisting a candidates qualifications would be; UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate, FA Youth Modules, Multi-Skills Training, Full UK Driving Licence with access to own vehicle and a Member of the FA licences club.
Desirable qualifications would be; AfPE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport, one other national governing body qualification, Futsal coaching certificate, Coaching for disabled footballers and D1 Mini-bus Licence/eligibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead and ordinate the Youth Phase Development Centre & Grassroots Development Programmes
- To ensure expansion and sustainability of the Development Centre Programme & Grassroots Development Programmes
- Plan and ordinate reporting process for players and parents to include parent meetings and six monthly reviews within Foundation Phase
- To lead and ordinate end of season event and awards for Development Centre players and parents within Youth Phase
- To lead and arrange comprehensive fixture programme Youth Phase Development Centre age groups
- To work with CUFC academy manager to ensure close partnership between Development Centre and Academy Programmes
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- Ensure effective administration for the Youth Phase Development Centre & Grassroots Development programmes
- Ensure SOW is adhered to for both Youth Phase Development Centre and Grassroots Development programmes
- To recruit and meet targets for participant levels as agreed with Head of Community
- To work with Head of Community and Community Development Manger to co-ordinate new or existing community development projects as instructed
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To act as a lead Mentor to a group of CUFITC sessional coaches
- To liaise with parents/carers when appropriate
- To lead, motivate, mentor sessional staff when appropriate
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications up to date.
- To undertake appropriate training
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
- Coaching within a sports development environment
- Experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils
- Activity planning
- Project management and staff management
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes
- Experience of meeting income-driven targets. Experience of writing reports and good IT skills
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check and the successful candidate must have a full UK driving licence.
Salary: £17,000-18,000 dependent on experience with OTE £19,000
Hours: 40 per week
Benefits: A company vehicle & business mobile phone included