Employer: Colchester United FC
Job Title: Sport Science Intern
Location: Florence Park Training Ground
Closing Date: 20th March 2023
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed individual, to undertake an unpaid internship role within the Sport Science Department at Colchester United working across academy age groups.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a new practitioners looking to gain more experience within a professional football club, assisting on a number of pitch and gym based sessions.
Key internship duties:
- Provide assistance on creating team and individualised GPS reports
- Assisting with general training and gym setup
- Assist with the delivery of academy physical development sessions for players across the academy age groups
- Collaborating and contributing towards the physical development and rehabilitation of PDP players
- Be available to accompany teams on match days
Placement working hours are considered to be full-time, with working hours fluctuating based on the fixture list. Therefore, some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Studying towards a degree in sport science degree or relevant discipline
- Experience working with athletes (amateur or professional)
- Ability to commit for the duration of the 2023/24 season
- Full UK driving license
The necessary DBS check will apply to this post.
- Experience of working within football
- Experience of coaching youth
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Reports to: Head of Performance
Colchester United FC are committed to Equality.
All candidates must be aware of all safeguarding and equity and diversity issues, along with all academy and club policies, rules and regulations. We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working/learning environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.