The Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting with the preparation, presentation and serving of the food offered to guests attending all functions & Match Days to the required standard.
The successful applicant will ensure that at all times, the kitchen and associated areas meet and where possible exceed the legal and company health and safety requirements.
This role will help with the co-ordination of the casual chefs and kitchen porters' rota ensuring operational efficiency at all times aiming to exceed expectations.
- To deputise for the Head Chef in his absence.
- To ensure that all menus are produced to the highest possible standard and reflect current trends, seasonal changes and service styles.
- Engender good staff, customer and client relations at all times.
- To ensure that all systems and procedures in the Health and Safety and Food Safety Manuals are maintained at all times throughout the year.
- To develop/assist developing menus for events and Match Days based on quality, cost and nutritional constraints.
- To Support the whole Management team in all areas of the operation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Assertive, calm & with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work flexibly - including weekends and evenings if and when required.
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery.