Colchester United’s Football in the Community (CUFITC) is the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club. We provide high quality sports and education programmes to 8,500 children, young people and adults from across the region each week.
CUFITC are seeking to appoint an experienced Partnership & Business Development Manager, this exciting opportunity provides a highly motivated and dynamic individual, the opportunity to join a progressive team.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to develop and build key partnerships within our network, whilst creating sustainable and viable business opportunities in line with our strategic and charitable priorities. The role is suited to an experienced professional who can develop business opportunities and achieve programme and funding growth for our organisation.
Candidates applying for this key senior leadership role should be dynamic, have a proven track record of securing revenue through a wide range of both local and regional, public and private sector organisations. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities, whilst balancing multiple priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities and build positive networks with the appropriate decision makers.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities through current and new business networks.
- Set up and attend meetings with decision makers and potential funders.
- Working with the Head of Community & Community Performance Manager, plan approaches and to develop business proposals.
- Present and consult with the Senior Management and operational delivery team on current trends to develop new services, products and offers.
- Work with the operational delivery team to meet partner and stakeholder needs.
- Communicate new programmes and developments to prospective stakeholders.
- Attend events and conferences and provide feedback and information on new opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for events and campaigns that will lead to increased sales.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade, negotiate and influence appropriately.
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Present business development training and mentoring to internal staff.
- Help define CUFITC long term strategic goals to continually enhance performance.
- Understanding the funding landscape and market knowledge.
- Research and write comprehensive funding applications to secure programme funding.
- Grow and retain existing stakeholders, partners and funders.
- Track, analyse and report on business milestones to showcase the charity’s achievements.
- Implementing high standards of leadership and contributing to staff development and training.
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities required commensurate with the grade of the post.
- To support CUFITC Head of Community on the expansion and sustainability of departments and programmes
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations
- To use views software as a monitoring tool and support the Head of Community in producing appropriate reports
- To act as a lead Mentor to a group of CUFITC workforce
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal DBS and First Aid qualifications up to date
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Health and Safey:
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
- Co-operate fully with colleagues requiring assistance and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of CUFITC.
- Act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the CUFITC Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Company. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Person Specification-Key Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a business development environment, with a proven track record of generating strong funding streams, ideally within community sport and health.
- Significant understanding of public, private and third sector funding.
- Proven ability to manage and develop senior and diverse relationships.
- Experience managing and leading on fundraising events designed to engage existing and new funders.
- Have a high level of self-drive, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Creative thinker who can develop innovative ways to build partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to persuade, and deliver compelling and concise written emails and reports.
- Understanding of community club organisations and their position within the community.
- Experience within a teaching or coaching setting.
- Good numeracy and IT skills, with the ability to analyse information and compile reports.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under personal and organisational pressures.
- Strong financial and budget management skills.
- Proven track record of achieving KPI’s and managing programme outputs.
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends.
Salary £27,000 to £32,000 (dependent on experience)
40 hours per week
- Use of Company pool vehicles
- Business mobile phone
- Opportunities to work match days for Colchester United Football Club
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA Professional Football Association and other key partners
- A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants
- Free car parking onsite
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.