VACANCY – JOIN OUR TEAM
Colchester United’s Football in the Community (CUFITC) is the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club. We provide high quality sports and education programmes to 8,500 children, young people and adults from across the region each week.
Would you like to make a difference in your local community? Are you passionate about giving opportunities to people to positively impact their lives?
CUFITC are looking to appoint a Community Development Administrator, this exciting opportunity provides a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Position: Community Development Administrator
Location: Shrub End Community and Sport Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, C02 9BG
Reporting to: Community Development Manager
Contract Type: Part Time
Number of Hours: 16 hours per week on a Wednesday and Thursday (flexible between 8am-6pm)
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 (Full time equivalent & dependent on experience)
Benefits: As part of your involvement with Colchester United Football in the Community the following benefits are available to staff:
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA Professional Football Association and other key partners
- A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants
- Free car parking onsite
If you would like to discuss the role further please call 01206 755160 or email email@example.com FAO: Rick Goldsbrough.
- Closing date: 3rd September (Please note this may close earlier if suitable candidate is found)
- Interview date: WC 6th September2021
- Proposed start date: ASAP
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks
Position: Community Development Administrator
Responsible to: Community Development Manager
Job Purpose: To provide administrative and functional support to the CUFITC team, in particular the effective administration, monitoring and evaluation of activity and programmes.
Location: Shrub End Community Sports Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, CO2 9BG
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To review existing admin systems and adopt a pro-active approach to change ensuring we operate in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Support the Senior Team and Development Officers with appropriate tasks linked to funding applications
- To implement administration systems that will assist in smooth running and development of CUFITC
- Deal with incoming enquiries (by email, phone or post) on behalf of CUFITC
- To manage the website and booking engine on behalf CUFITC including the listing and booking of all online courses, ensuring information is transferred effectively to online registers and the creation of excel driven reports
- To act as a the ‘Super User’ of Substance Views for ensuring reports and data is provided to relevant funders and partners
- To manage the bookings system and process linked to venue hire
- Support the transition towards a cashless organisation with all bookings being taken online with the removal of telephone bookings and cash payments
- Communicate regularly with parents and players regarding upcoming courses, events or fixtures
- Ensure information is advertised and updated on the organisation’s website and liaise with the PR team to make them aware of upcoming CUFITC events and needs
- Support the Senior Team and Development Officers with general admin duties
General Duties & Accountabilities
- To support CUFITC in their aims and objectives at all times
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing CUFITC
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Charity, Club and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Health and Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
- Co-operate fully with colleagues requiring assistance and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of CUFITC.
- Act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the CUFITC Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Company. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Substantial, demonstrable and relevant experience of administrative line management and office administration in a similar organisation or environment
- NVQ/SVQ in Business and Administration, Levels 1-4 (Desirable)
- OCR Awards, Certificates and Diplomas in Administration, Levels 1-4 BTEC Level 3 Award & Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration (Desirable)
- Understanding of the administrate functions in relation to community partnerships and programmes
- Experience of working within the sports, community or events industry
- Must deliver results within assigned levels of accountability
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Have strong IT Skills particularly Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Determined, self-motivated and able to act confidently on own initiative
- Excellent planning, time management, organisational, project management and accurate record-keeping skills
- Ability to work within a team and demonstrate good people management and coaching skills to improve performance and encourage initiative within a busy environment
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent level of IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- An understanding of and a commitment to CUFITC values
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good at managing tasks and prioritizing efficiently
Key performance indicators:
- Implement a consistent approach to the monitoring of all CUFITC activity via the VIEWS system
- Assist in developing a HPF (High Performance Framework) for all CUFITC staff
- Drive for a reduction in spend vs forecast
- Implement frame work procedures to manage and monitor training and staff development
- Assist and document recommendations for service or administrative improvements
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.