Part Time/Weekend Academy Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Academy at Colchester United Football Club on a casual basis. We are looking for Therapists to be a part of a forward-thinking medical team providing first aid and trauma assistance at training sessions and matches for Academy players aged between 6 and 16 years old.
You may be required to attend evenings and weekends and be prepared to travel to various locations depending on fixtures. In addition, you will be expected to attend and contribute to regular Continuous Professional Development events.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, hardworking and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Ideally applicants should reside local to Colchester or the surrounding areas and should be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit
The main duties include:
- Assess, diagnose and treat injuries to academy players.
- Design & implement rehabilitation programmes for injuries.
- Liaise with the Head of Academy Medicine regarding injuries and player recovery.
- Provide pitch side 1st aid for training sessions and games.
- Keep concise and accurate records via the PMA system.
- Assist in overseeing health and welfare of academy players.
- Attend training sessions and matches at various sites across Colchester and Tiptree.
- Undertake and attend CPD sessions.
- ITMMIF or ATMMIF qualification is desirable but can be working towards
- Qualified Physiotherapist or Sports Therapist
- Proof of Professional Registration (CSP,HCPC,SST,BASRaT)
- Valid FA Safeguarding Certificate (or working towards)
- Ambitious & Hard working.
- Excellent communication skills so able to liaise with players, coaches, parents and other members of medical team.
- Professional attitude
- Clean driving license
£35 per training session
£40 per home game
£50 per away game