NCS Team Leader – Colchester United FITC
NCS is a 2-week programme designed for 16 and 17 year olds. The NCS experience will give young people a clearer idea of what they want from their future. Staff will help young people realise that big, exciting things can come from feeling a little bit overwhelmed and overcoming this.
The programme dates are WC 25th July (2 weeks) and WC 8th August (2 weeks)
How the Programme Works:
Phase 1 – Week 1: Adventure (Residential)
The first 2 days offers a chance for the young people and staff to bond through challenging outdoor activities. The 2 days provide an opportunity for personal and social development using a range of activities that challenge the young people physically and mentally to push them outside of their comfort zones.
Phase 2 – Week 1: Discovery (Residential)
The focus of the 3 days is developing independent living and vital life skills. The bond between the young people should now begin to support the necessary team to create another successful week.
Phase 3 – Week 2: Social Action Project (Non-Residential)
Facilitate and support the participants to design and deliver a successful social action project that will leave a positive and long lasting legacy within the local community. The week includes 30 hours of planning and delivery. Based at Shrub End Community Sports Centre and/or JobServe Community Stadium.
Phase 4 – Graduation
Attend the graduation event showcasing and celebrating the achievements of the young people and staff throughout the NCS Journey.
- Lead with the co-ordination of the team during Phases 1,2 & 3.
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Lead team discussions and tasks for both young people and staff groups
- Run and support ice breaker games and guided reflection activities
- Support Wave Leader & Team Assistant with challenging behaviour and building team rapport
- Provide pastoral guidance to young people whilst on programme
- Mentor and support Team Assistants and other support staff whilst on programme
- An understanding of working with 15-17 year olds and how to engage them
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Enjoy and be passionate about working with young people
- Experience of working with 15-17 year olds
- Experience of team leading and task setting to other members of staff
A current first aid qualification and a youth work qualification are desirable but not essential.
Team Leader rate: £11ph (average of 42.5 hours per week)
Please submit your CV and response to the screening questions via the apply now button
Should you have any questions regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close date – Friday 30th May 2022