To project co-ordinate and develop existing sustainable opportunities for health and inclusion within Colchester United Football in the Community, the local and surrounding areas based on local need.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the coordination and delivery of Health and inclusion activities for Colchester United FITC
- Support the coordination of a strong Disability Player Pathway with structured opportunities throughout the County from grass roots to excellence for adults and children
- To co-ordinate our PL Kicks programme working closely with required partners and meeting KPI's as set by funders
- Support the planning and delivery of our NCS programme
- Assist with the administrative and monitoring processes relating to Health and Inclusion programmes ensuring all data is recorded accurately and securely on relevant platforms
- Ensure all young people have a positive experience on NCS meeting or exceeding their expectations
- Work with young people to identify and deliver social action projects within our communities
- To help deliver a comprehensive Health and Inclusion programme to utilise the facilities at Shrub End Community and Sport Centre
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To use views as a monitoring tool and support the Community Development Manager in producing appropriate reports
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications up to date.
- To undertake appropriate training
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
- Colchester United Football in the Community is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, pre-employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company's health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
- Co-operate fully with colleagues requiring assistance and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of the Trust.
- Act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the CUFITC Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Company. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
- Level 3 NGB qualification in sport or youth and community development (Or equivalent)
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- Level 2 Youth Work qualification
- PFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
- Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills.
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils.
- Activity planning, project management and staff management.
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
- Experience of meeting income-driven targets.
- Experience of writing reports and good IT skills.
- Working within a professional football club environment.
- Good Understanding of community sport and education sector.
- Experience of using Sales Force or Views system
- The ability to empathise with young people and challenge negative behaviours
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own work
- Ability to get along and work with people at different levels of the organisation
- Ability to perform under pressure and respond calmly to competing demands
- Ability to travel to different sites to meet clients and attend meetings
- Flexibility to meet the changing requirements of the role
40 hours per week
£16,000-18,000 - A company pool vehicle and business mobile phone are also included