Colchester United Football Club – Head of 1st Team Recruitment
Colchester United Football Club are seeking a full time Head of 1st Team Recruitment. The role will report into the Sporting Director and oversee the recruitment process of players for the first team squad.
- Oversee the recruitment strategy for Colchester United 1st team.
- Identify and recommend players to the Sporting Director and 1st team head coach.
- Attend relevant fixtures to live watch potential targets and compile detailed reports.
- Video watch relevant players and compile video footage.
- Produce data insights to help inform the decision-making process on relevant players
- Build relationships with agents and clubs to continuously expand the recruitment network.
- Ensure that the Recruitment Database is continuously monitored and updated.
- Manage all recruiters within the department and select relevant games to attend.
- Liaise with Academy recruitment team with an aligned approach to Talent ID
- Credible background within professional football with a track record of recruiting players
- Have an existing and relevant database of contacts to aid recruitment
- Provide strong leadership skills
- An understanding of relevant technology – Wyscout, Statsbomb, Excell
- Ability to work independently and manage workload efficiently
- Emergency Aid for Sport
- DBS check
- FA Level 4 talent ID qualification (Desirable)
- FA Level 3 or 4 coaching award (Desirable)
- Hard working
- UK driving license
- Good communication skills
- Passion for working within recruitment
All staff must be aware of all safeguarding and equity and diversity issues, along with all club policies, rules and regulations. We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.