Colchester United Football Club are seeking a full time Head of Education to work within our exciting and progressive Category 2 Academy. The role will oversee the education across all age groups from under 9 to Under 21.
- Have responsibility for the organisation, management and delivery of the Club's Education Programme
- Have responsibility for the oversight of the Scholar education programmes including attendance at educational programme meetings, ensuring adherence to such programmes and, where required, taking appropriate action in the event that targets are not met
- Have responsibility for ensuring that Scholars are appropriately managed and supported in respect of the 'End Point Assessment' on the SEP
- Have responsibility for the educational progression of all Academy players registered with the Club (subject to the duties of any educational establishment at which an Academy player's education is taking place).
- Undertake benchmarking of the educational progression of each year group of Academy players engaged on the Hybrid and Full-Time Training Model against national data and make the result of that benchmarking available to the League.
- Ensure that the Academy's educational provision reflects the strategy and performance targets set out in the Club's Academy Performance Plan.
- Undertake continued professional development organised by the Club.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
- DBS check
- Relevant experience working within a football environment
- Hard working
- Clean driving license
- Good communication skills
- Passion for working with young people
All staff must be aware of all safeguarding and equity and diversity issues, along with all academy and club policies, rules and regulations. We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Salary £26,000-£31,000 dependent on experience