Colchester United Community Foundation (CUCF) is the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club. We provide high quality sports and education programmes to 8,500 children, young people and adults from across the region each week.
Would you like to make a difference in your local community? Are you passionate about giving opportunities to people to positivity impact their lives?
CUCF are looking to appoint a Football Development Officer, this exciting opportunity provides a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive and dynamic team.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Please download the Football Development Officer Job Pack here
Position: Football Development Officer
Location: Shrub End Community and Sport Centre, Boadicea Way, Colchester, C02 9BG
Reporting to: Sports Development Manager
Contract Type: Full Time
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
Benefits: As part of your involvement with Colchester United Community Foundation the following benefits are available to staff:
- Company pool vehicle
- Opportunities to progress within the organisations via increased responsibilities and promotions
- Opportunities to work match days for Colchester United Football Club
- Equipment, resources and uniform
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including the Premier League, English Football League, The FA Professional Football
Association and other key partners
- A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants
- Free car parking onsite
- Colchester United Community Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
Closing date: Friday 26th May 2023 (Please note this may close earlier if a suitable candidate is found)
Interview date: As soon as possible
Proposed start date: As soon as possible
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.