Colchester United Football Club are looking for a full-time First Team Physiotherapist to join the team. Reporting to the Performance Director, the role will be providing physiotherapy provision primarily to First Team Players.
The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of effective injury prevention strategies throughout all squads in conjunction with the Sports Science and Strength and Conditioning department. They will also develop and lead a training load/frequency and injury incident audit enabling report production for the Head Coach and coaching staff.
Role accountabilities & key duties:
- Ensure that there is appropriate medical provision at all training sessions and directly manage or provide that input when required and agreed with Head of Medical Services and Head Physiotherapist
- Ensure that the performance of all players is optimised through effective, timely and appropriate medical intervention against written rehabilitation plan
- Provide physiotherapy input, as part of a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation team, in consultation with the Head of Medical Services and Head Physiotherapist
- Contribute specialist knowledge to the multi-disciplinary medical support team and specifically to the rehabilitation planning and case management process
- Ensure physiotherapy cover at all first team matches and medical cover for training sessions
The ideal candidate will require:
- Membership of a nationally recognised professional physiotherapy association or equivalent (CSP,HPC)
- A physiotherapy degree from any nationally recognised institution with right to work in the UK
- A current ATMMiF qualification or an equivalent or higher qualification as otherwise approved by The Football Association
- Current registration with one or more appropriate governing bodies with up to date CPD records
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist in a sporting environment.
- Must hold a UK valid driver’s licence
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS).
Salary: £33 - £38k per annum
Closing date for receipt of CV’s and covering letter is Friday 24th May 2019.
Colchester United FC and CUFC in the Community Trust are committed to Equality.