Job Reference: CUFC Matchday Activity Staff/Co-ordinators
Recruiter: Colchester United Community Foundation
Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary: £7.50 to £10.50 Per Hour (Depending on age)
Sector: Colchester United Community Foundation
Work Hours: Sessional (Colchester United Matchdays)
Colchester United Community Foundation (CUCF) are the official charity partner of Colchester United FC. We provide high quality programmes and experiences to up to 9,000 children, young people, and adults per week across our community.
CUCF is seeking individuals (Candidates must be 16 or over) to represent Colchester United on a matchday, delivering/co-ordinating Colchester United and Colchester United Community Foundation activities including:
- CUFC Mascots
- CUFC Birthday Parties
- CUFC Matchday Clubs
- Fan Engagement Activities
- Community Celebratory Events
We’re looking for committed, passionate, enthusiastic, and professional people to join our matchday and community teams.
Job Purpose: To be available and contribute to fan engagement and community activities during Colchester United matchdays and club and community events (Open Day/Stadium Day, alongside other community, and charity events) throughout the 2023/24 season to maximise and enrich people’s experiences with the club and CUCF.
- FA Introduction to Coaching
- FA Safeguarding Course
- FA First Aid Course
Who Will I Be Responsible To?
Head of Community/ General Manager/ Head of Safeguarding / Matchday Co-ordinator
Who Will I Be Responsible For?
You will only be responsible for yourself and the people in your duty of care; ensuring you attend any training required, turn up at the appointed time/venue; have the right equipment available; and act as a responsible member of the community/club team. You will be required to deliver stadium tours, player engagement, football coaching sessions and fan engagement activities (Inflatables/activations/pitch demonstrations).
- Represent Colchester United
- Working closely with the Club, Community Foundation and First Team players
- Access to CPD & Training in relation to matchday roles and activities
- Colchester United Community Foundation and Colchester United is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people, and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- This person must have a minimum FA Introduction to Coaching Award, FA Safeguarding Children and First Aid certificates (In date)
- References will be required.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate, and carry out the club’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation regarding fire.
Proposed Start Date: ASAP (Depending on DBS)