Conference & Events Account Executive – minimum 12 months Maternity Cover
Based at the JobServe Community Stadium, Colchester United are a professional football team competing in the EFL League 2. The club operates one of the most successful Conference & Events venues in the region.
Joining the existing Commercial team at Colchester United’s JobServe Community Stadium, the Conference & Events Account Executive’s role is primarily to manage existing accounts and their bookings at the Stadium, drive new business and respond to customer enquiries.
In addition to the Conference and Meetings that are held on a daily basis at the Stadium, Colchester United stages a variety of social events throughout the year and the Conference & Events Account Executive is responsible for the planning and delivery of these events.
With a combination of face-to-face sales, show rounds and telephone work, the role offers variety on a daily basis.
Working within the Conference & Events Team, you will maximise revenues for the business by maximising utilisation of the facilities on non-match days. Selling a broad product portfolio including conferences, room hire & events into a mix of existing accounts and new business, the role needs excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Working with existing customers to develop relationships, to ensure we are both exceeding their expectations and maximising revenue
- Ensuring monthly revenue targets are met and bookings achieved through proactive telephone work, portfolio management and face to face sales meetings
- Co-ordinating events alongside clients to ensure events run smoothly, clients are satisfied and repeat business is ensured
- Contacting and qualifying sales opportunities, maximising the number of enquiries being converted into confirmed business
- Identifying new contacts and developing sales leads into revenue
- Planning events, booking acts and answering customer enquiries in relation to these events
- Self motivated with a desire to succeed in the Conference & Events industry
- Dedicated to delivering excellent customer service, and always looking to exceed client expectations
- Flexibility within the role and must be available to work scheduled hours, including occasional weekends and evenings if required.
- Target driven with a proven track record of sales
- Excellent communicator with strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding planning and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism
Hours of Work:-
40 hours per week, some weekends and evenings.
Basic salary £22,500.00 pa