Colchester United Community Foundation (CUCF) is the official charity partner for Colchester United Football Club. We provide high quality sports and education programmes to 9,000 children, young people and adults from across the region each week.
CUCF are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated, and confident Community PE & Sports Coach on a full-time basis, to join our teaching and learning team, delivering across all strands of the organisation.
The successful candidate will share our organisational values. They will be responsible for delivering high-quality provision within our community, adopting our session methodology and schemes of work.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
- Develop positive and effective relationships and partnerships with colleagues, participants, parents/guardians and community partners.
- Deliver a high-quality provision within Education, Health & Inclusion and Participation programmes.
- Support with the development and increased engagement on community projects and programmes.
- Collaborate with colleagues, partners, schools, and parents/guardians to maximise impact in helping participants realise and reach their potential.
- Evaluate the impact and success of delivery by collecting data (Where applicable), feedbacking case studies and showcasing success.
- Colchester United Community Foundation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all our staff and volunteers to fully support and promote this commitment.
- In line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Exceptions Order 1975, as this role involves working with vulnerable groups, Pre-Employment checks will include a satisfactorily completed Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Health & Safety
- Fully endorse, demonstrate, and carry out the company’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with all company policies and statutory regulations.
- Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation regarding fire.
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Download the Job Pack for the Community Sports Coach here.