Job Title: Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef
Location: Colchester United Football Club
Colchester United is recruiting for a full-time Chef to join its established catering team. Working across all club operated sites, including the training ground, the Chef will be responsible for assisting with:
- Preparation, presentation and serving of the food offered to guests attending all functions & Match Days to the required standard.
- Assisting with the planning, preparation and serving of food to players at the training ground and stadium.
The successful applicant will ensure that at all times, the kitchen and associated areas meet and where possible exceed the legal and company health and safety requirements.
This role will help with the co-ordination of the casual chefs and kitchen porters’ rota ensuring operational efficiency at all times aiming to exceed expectations.
- To deputise for the Head Chef in his absence.
- To ensure that all menus are produced to the highest possible standard and reflect current trends, seasonal changes and service styles.
- Engender good staff, customer and client relations at all times.
- To ensure that all systems and procedures in the Health and Safety and Food Safety Manuals are maintained at all times throughout the year.
- To develop/assist developing menus for events and Match Days based on quality, cost and nutritional constraints.
- To Support the whole Management team in all areas of the operation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Assertive, calm & with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work flexibly – including weekends and evenings if and when required.
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery.
- A “can-do” attitude
Hours of Work:
Full Time – 40 Hours per week
Applicants should apply in the first instance with a letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org