Employer: Colchester United FC
Job Title: Analysis Assistant Funded Masters Placement
Location: Florence Park Training Ground
Colchester United Football Club are offering an exciting MSc work placement opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual striving towards a career in Performance Analysis within Football. The placement will run alongside their studies on the MSc Applied Sports Performance Analysis postgraduate course at the University of Worcester. The successful candidate will be integrated into the first team department where they will play a key role in supporting and driving the department's processes.
The MSc course is delivered via blended learning and as such, you are not required to be based in Worcester for your studies outside of the two intensive weeks. Due to the distance learning nature of the course, only UK, Irish and EU citizens with settled status may apply for this funded placement opportunity. More details can be found here regarding the course: https://sway.office.com/LJUYMwIuwY60aPUo
Key internship duties:
- Support the head of analysis in the creation of the pre- and post-match presentations.
- Film training using a drone.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with the coaching and multidisciplinary staff.
- Utilise effective time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Contribute to an elite learning environment in which players and staff are expected to demonstrate work ethic, integrity and teamwork.
- Identify new technology that could enable the department to strive to be ahead of the curve in analysis.
A non-exhaustive list of essential regular tasks and processes to be followed as part of daily, weekly, and seasonal life within your role.
- Deliver performance analysis support to the first team, coaches, and staff. This may include training analysis, pre-match planning and post-match feedback/feedforward.
- Contribute to the pre match and post-match reports using the data sets which are available to you.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary support in line with individual learning plans.
- Adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Colchester United Football Club and its operation.
- Be presentable at all times when working and demonstrate that you can represent the face of the club in the manner expected.
- Act in a manner that supports the Club’s vision and values at all times.
- Ability to communicate complex data to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Strong work ethic and understanding of the demands of the role.
- Full UK driving licence.
The necessary DBS check will apply to this post.
- Strong understanding of League 2 football.
- Ability to implement a variety of feedback techniques into complex sporting environments.
- Previous experience in an analysis department.
Reports to: Head of Analysis
Colchester United FC and CUFC in the Community Trust are committed to Equality.