To identify high potential footballers within the 12s-16s age groups.
Head of Academy Recruitment
Roles & Responsibilities
- Attend a Minimum of 3 matches per week with club reports completed on each fixture, identifying talented players with potential to join the Academy Programme
- To recruit young talented players within the scouting network area. Relationships are to be formed with all Football Clubs, Schools and Community Schemes wherever possible. The emphasis will be on the area within 90 mins travelling distance of Colchester United Academy FC unless stated different within the boundaries of EPPP. The age groups to be concentrated form the age range of Under 12s to Under 16s.
- To ensure all fixtures and players viewed are reported and documented as required by the club.
- To effectively increase the number of players viewed in the recruitment area.
- To form associations with the local league programme and team managers to further working relationships and enhance the possibility of recommendations to the Club.
- To attend Development days, talent ID days and trial matches to enable prospective players to be observed, at the request of the Head of Academy Recruitment.
- To adhere to the Scouts protocol in the recruitment of all players to ensure the good name of the Club is promoted and not seen as a threat to the local league clubs.
- To continually seek to improve the standard of player within the Academy in all age groups.
To undertake any reasonable Club requirements as set out by the Football Clubs Senior Management Team
- FA Level 2 Talent ID
- FA Child Safeguarding
- Full Enhanced DBS
Salary: £4,800 per annum pro rata
All staff must be aware of all safeguarding and equity and diversity issues, along with all academy and club policies, rules and regulations. We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.