The role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community and lead on our Education programme.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
Head of Community
To ensure delivery and development of Foundation Phase for Development Centre & Grassroots Development Programmes
- All stakeholders, Staff, Sports Centre's, Schools, ECFA, Colchester United FC
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To Co-ordinate the Foundation Phase Development Centre & Grassroots Development Programmes
- To ensure expansion and sustainability of the Development Centre Programme Centre & Grassroots Development Programmes
- To recruit and meet targets for participant levels as agreed with Head of Community
- Plan and ordinate reporting process for players and parents to include parent meetings and six monthly reviews within Foundation Phase
- To lead and ordinate end of season event and awards for Development Centre players and parents within Foundation Phase
- To lead and arrange comprehensive fixture programme Foundation Phase Development Centre age groups
- To work with CUFC academy manager to ensure close partnership between Development Centre and Academy Programmes
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed
- Ensure effective administration for the Foundation Phase Development Centre & Grassroots Development programmes
- Ensure SOW is adhered to for both Development Centre Foundation Phase and Grassroots Development programmes
- To work with Head of Community to co-ordinate development projects as instructed
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To act as a lead Mentor to a group of CUFITC sessional coaches
- To use views as a monitoring tool producing appropriate reports
- To liaise with parents/carers when appropriate
- To lead, motivate, mentor sessional staff when appropriate
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications up to date.
- To undertake appropriate training
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching
Qualifications & Experience
- FA Level 2
- FA Youth Modules
- Multi-Skills Training
- Full UK driving licence with access to own vehicle
- Member of the FA licences club
- A PE Level 3 certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- 1 other national governing body qualification
- Futsal coaching certificate
- Coaching for disabled footballers
- D1 Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
- Must have relevant experience, including coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills.
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils
- Activity planning, project and staff management
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes
- Experience of meeting income driven targets
- Experience of writing reports and good IT skills
- Experience of using VIEWS system.
- Working within a professional football club environment.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check.
Hours - 40 hours per week
Salary - £18,000 OTE £19,000 - A company vehicle and business mobile phoneare also included